Founded in 2016, BOSONIC is a leading FinTech company based in San Francisco that provides infrastructure to eliminate counterparty credit and settlement risk in Digital Asset markets.
Our custodian-agnostic infrastructure, the Bosonic Network™, provides member institutions with patent-pending solutions for the cryptographic digitization of collateral, cross-custodian trading and payments transactions, as well as cross-margining, trade netting, clearing, and settlement automation. With over 60 member institutions, ranging from custodians to exchanges to the world's largest market makers, and billions of US Dollars in transactions processed, the Bosonic Network is already delivering infrastructure that's reshaping the future of Digital Asset markets.
Bosonic is looking for an eTrading Java Developer – High Frequency Trading team. The team is responsible for all Front Office facing applications: Pricing, Risk, Electronic Trading, and Order Management Systems including Matching Engine and Liquidity Aggregation/SOR. Each developer is involved in the complete project lifecycle from requirements analysis to design and implementation.
BOSONIC is the leading developer of infrastructure to eliminate counterparty credit and settlement risk in Digital Asset markets for institutions. Our technology blends bleeding edge collateral tokenization on enterprise Layer-2 blockchain with real-time Atomic Exchange of assets to achieve instant settlement and a hybrid ECN consisting of traditional CLOB, Dark Pool, Liquidity Aggregation/SOR and an RFQ block trading platform. Bosonic is one of the one of the most exciting and fast-paced trading technology companies in the Crypto space delivering front-to-back IaaS to global institutions. Bosonic went live and in production in the Fall of 2020, has raised over $18MM and have dozens of institutional clients.
We are looking to hire a senior application developer with an eTrading background to bring additional experience and knowledge to the team (eFX or Crypto is a big plus). The role will primarily be as a developer on our ECN platform (order processing, matching, crossing and executions). The role requires a high level of expertise in developing efficient, low-latency Java code that is highly fault-tolerant to ensure our business continues to operate in the Crypto markets 24/7/365. We are looking for a candidate that understands how to build and design software/architecture that makes best use of the available network and hardware in the Co-Lo sites and also with experience of tuning JVM’s to extract optimum performance.
• Interact with business stakeholders to understand requirements for new platform capabilities, specifically focused around order matching, advanced order types, margin and credit engine and creation of a real-time lending marketplace for real-time repo of collateral
• Design, develop, and maintain critical trading infrastructure systems, low latency, distributed message protocols, fault tolerant architecture, trade matching and market data algorithms using best of breed techniques
• Working as a member of ECN team, freely sharing ideas for improving software stack and development process
• Continual improvement of the software development lifecycle and quality of the product
• Learn and participate in team’s Agile process of delivering projects
• Produce documentation to support existing SDLC process and maintain project information on Confluence
• Second line support of the production system (a dedicated 24 hour support team handles 1st line)
• At least 5 years commercial Java development experience
• Degree in a mathematical or scientific subject a plus
• Experience working for financial institutions on order execution systems
• Experience working for financial institutions
• Excellent analytical skills, with strong prior experience & understanding of risk management processes, platforms and capabilities
• Experience writing high performance software in Java
• Self-starting individual with willingness to learn
• Demonstrated passion to own a product, with an obsessive focus on the user experience
• Quantitative understanding of the FX and or Crypto trading business or related areas (e.g. Equities high frequency trading)
• Java, OO design.
• Distributed Systems Technologies – Messaging, Caching, Database. (Tibco RV, Solace, etc.)
• Understanding of computing science fundamentals – concurrency, algorithms, operating systems, data structures
• SQL, Postgres a plus
• Process and tools to produce well written low defect rate code.
Join our newsletter.