LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS, USA
Reporting To: Executive Vice President of Technology
Come join oneZero Financial Systems! An exciting, fast-growing company with Headquarters in Cambridge MA, oneZero empowers banks, brokerages and hedge funds with cutting edge trade routing and execution technology. Our platform, deployed with 200+ entities globally, features a low-latency trading environment, integrations to the world’s leading execution venues, and reliable IT infrastructure and technical support—all designed to be customized and scaled to serve any business model and any size of market participant. We take pride in our great work atmosphere and highly motivated team of engineers.
The engineering team at oneZero is largely comprised of video game industry veterans who are now applying their skills to cutting edge trading technology. Our team includes former game industry Technical Directors and Senior Engineers from the likes of Irrational Games (2K Games), Microsoft, and Amazon.
To learn more about the challenges of financial software engineering at oneZero, please read out this article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/gaming-your-way-top-how-financial-software-companies-can-kline/
Throughout its history, our firm has been guided by three core principles:
- - Never compromise on quality: We hire only the best people, giving them the best equipment and tools, so that we can build the highest performing, most stable, and best supported technology in the industry.
- - Operate with integrity: Our products are designed to be uncompromisingly fair and transparent both to our clients as well as their customers.
- - Never take risk in the market: We are not a hedge fund, we're not a brokerage, and we never trade on our own behalf. By avoiding taking any side in financial transactions we are able to remain independent, impartial, and focused solely on making the best possible product for our customers.
Our engineers are responsible for the technical aspects of designing, implementing and maintaining oneZero Financial software products and features, including both commercial products and internal tools.
The Lead Software Engineeris a senior software engineer, expected to be able to understand and work on any area of the product, but who is primarily responsible for managing multiple software engineers and coordinating with other teams to ensure that the development process runs efficiently.
Lead engineers should expect to spend, on average, around 75% of their time managing the engineering team and development process, and 25% on actual coding.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Technology.
- Learning all areas of the codebase, domain, and operational infrastructure in order to be able to lead other engineers with authority, triage issues effectively, and guide other engineers successfully.
- Monitoring and managing the workloads and performance of engineers, in close coordination with remote engineering team leads as well as the Operations, QA, Business, and Technical Project Management teams, to ensure software is released on schedule.
- Daily triage of incoming issues to ensure that critical issues are rapidly addressed, other issues are scheduled and assigned appropriately.
- Mentoring engineers to ensure their work product meets expectations and improves over time, including bi-annual performance reviews.
- Ensuring that our software development practices are adhered to, and that our product meets the very high standards of efficiency, reliability, clarity, and usability expected by ourselves and our customers.
- Writing and maintaining documentation for our tools, processes, practices, and software systems.
- As needed, you will assist the operations team to efficiently diagnose and resolve issues that occur in production (e.g. forensic log and crash dump analysis, hotfix build generation).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Significant, recent, and demonstrably strong C++ development experience.
- Proven track record as a successful leader of engineering teams.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, backed up with matching technical skills.
- Able to reliably estimate and complete assignments with a minimum of oversight, but able to take direction as necessary.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude. Our team has exceptional productivity and high employee morale because we respect one another and work well together.