By joining DMALINK as a Senior Technical Integration Analyst (STIA), you will become a member of the sector's leading growing companies. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to acquire new skills within your team of highly qualified specialists in London, New York, Mauritius and other offices throughout the United Kingdom currently being opened. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
DMALINK is an independent technology company operating an Electronic Communication Network (ECN) headquartered in London, England. An ECN is an electronic venue providing direct access to financial markets, predominantly used for enabling trading and execution of financial instruments outside of traditional exchanges (such as stock exchanges).
With an average daily turnover of $5.3 Trillion, Foreign Exchange (FX) is the largest financial market globally. DMALINK delivers real-time FX liquidity on an anonymous and/or disclosed basis to institutional FX market participants such as investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, brokerages and proprietary trading firms.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly dynamic firm focused on financial technology and global markets. In addition to the current technology offering, the company is developing artificial intelligence (deep learning AI) at its core in collaboration with industry experts and local universities. Although based in Mauritius, new team members will have the opportunity to work in London and/or New York to widen their experience and knowledge of the financial markets. Temporary relocation options will be available following an initial period of 12 months.
Our values are to unite as one, dare to be different and to do the right thing. In pursuit of excellence, always say how it is and champion the client.
We are currently looking to grow the team in Mauritius. An opportunity exists for a Senior Technical Integration Analyst.
The Senior Technical Integration Analyst (STIA) will play a key role in the design and development of new software solutions for the company. From time to time, the STIA may be required to manage the technical integration of counterparties, assist the support team on an ad-hoc basis to identify and resolve issues that may arise from time to time, and work with various teams within, or external to, the business on a range of IT projects relating to the company.
The STIA must be able to think and implement ideas independently and enjoy working without supervision by making split second decisions. The role requires strong software design & development expertise, and provides an ideal platform for the right candidate to acquire new skills relating to finance, statistics, big-data analysis. This is an initial fixed-term contract (6-months) opportunity. The option to extend and/or engage on full time basis following the initial contract can be made available to the right person.
• Maintain good knowledge of the business and workflows of the company, and follow procedures, rules and any regulation of the company and/or set out under the laws of the United Kingdom, Mauritius and any other relevant jurisdiction.
• Develop and implement new software solutions
• Design and update software database
• Produce and keep detailed documentation relating to code, system specifications and architecture
• Code, test and propose system improvements and optimizations
• Create and maintain software user manual and documentation
• Clearly and regularly communicate with management, technical support and other teams
• Ensure systems are up and running and provide support
• Investigate and resolve technical issues within tight deadlines
• Manage technical integrations (API or other) of counterparties into the DMALINK trading platform
• Maintain highest standards of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
• Attend meetings and calls with clients, providers, and other stakeholders
• Without limitation, carry out any reasonable task with regards to, or in connection with, the business of the company
Excellent programming skills is a prerequisite. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and have proven experience in, or expert knowledge of, database systems and web-based software development tools.
• Advise on and work within agreed software development methodologies/specifications
• Sound knowledge of databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MongoDB
• Experience working with R-Statistics/MATLAB libraries for .NET is an advantage
• Experience with securing (SSL) and publishing software solutions into production (externally hosted)
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work individually and within a globally distributed team
• Exercise good attention to detail and proactively identify/investigate problems
• Acquire sound understanding of business processes
• Bachelor degree (or higher) in one of the following fields of study: Information Technology/Systems, or at least five years proven experience in software development
• Outstanding written and spoken English
• Fluency (written and spoken) in any additional language may be regarded as an advantage
Although the current STIA opportunity is on a fixed-term basis, several strong career opportunities within the firm may exist at the end of the contractual agreement. The STIA may join the trade support desk (24/6 operation), take on a Technical Integration Specialist role with acquired technical knowledge of FIX, ITCH, OUTH protocols used within the industry (over the course of the STIA employment), integrate the sales team, or become part of the product development team of the ECN/AI project. The skills acquired throughout this role will undoubtedly enable the employee to aim for external roles within the financial industry.
Competitive package based on qualifications and experience of applicant.
The STIA's normal working hours are between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday in our Mauritius office. Flexible working hour arrangements may be available.
The STIA may be required to travel to the office on a daily basis, or may work from home on a case-by-case basis.
Join our newsletter.