Liquidity Finder Limited trading as Liquidity Finder (“we”, “us” or “Liquidity Finder”) takes the privacy of your information very seriously. Our Privacy Notice (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to in it) is designed to tell you, the user of our services (together referred to as the “Service”) about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal and other information about you, your enterprise or your organisation that may be provided via our website (the “Site”), its associated mobile applications, if any (the “Apps”) and any other digital product we provide, or collected through other means such as an online form, email, or telephone communication.
This notice applies to personal information provided by our partners, their authorised users and affiliated individuals (“Providers”) and personal information provided by users and prospective users of our Service (“Users”). The Users of our job listings service are referred to in this notice as “Applicants”. In this notice “you” refers to any individual whose personal data we hold or process (i.e: to you as an individual User, client, or potential client, partner, potential partner, or to you as an individual affiliated with one of our clients, potential clients or partners or Users).
This notice is governed by the EU GDPR and UK GDPR (collectively referred to as the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Unless otherwise stated, definitions used in this notice are the same as those used in our Terms of Service.
Basis on which we process personal data
Personal data we hold about you will be processed either because:
- you have consented to the processing for the specific purposes described in this notice;
- the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under a contract between you and us, specifically for the provision our Service; or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- the processing is necessary in pursuit of a “legitimate interest” - a legitimate interest in this context means a valid interest we have or a third party has in processing your personal data which is not overridden by your interests in data privacy and security.
Personal data we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- information provided by a Provider in order to obtain a Listing on our Site or to post a job listing on our job listings service, including information provided when signing up to our services (including log-in details such as names, contact addresses and numbers, email addresses, and content
- created or provided through the use of the Service) and other information we require in order to provide our services (“Provider Information”);
- information provided by a User of our Service in order to register for an account with us, including log-in details such as names, contact addresses, numbers, email addresses and details of any other accounts you may have with other online media platforms (“Account Information”);
- information which you decide to display about yourself on your profile page or account, which may include your personal data, such as your location, profession, employer, sector, work history, personal contact details and images of yourself (“Profile Information”);
- information which you upload, post, comment and/or share on your profile or otherwise when using the Service which may include personal data, which may be in the form of messages and posts you create yourself or in the form of shared content (such as news articles) which may be from or to third parties (“Posted and Shared Information”);
- information provided by an Applicant using our job listings service, including their name, contact addresses and numbers and email addresses and any other personal information which may be provided by an Applicant in the course of using our job listings service e.g. details of employment history, skills and experience (“Applicant Information”);
- payment information we may use to collect payment (if applicable) but please note that credit or debit card information may be supplied directly to a third party payment processor who will process the data in accordance with their own privacy notices or policies (“Payment Information”);
- a record of any correspondence or communication between you and us (for example, the number of communications you make with us, the number of introductions we make involving you, ) and any information we may require from you when you reply to a survey or questionnaire, report a problem or submit a complaint (“Communication Information”);
- technical information about how you have used or interacted with our Service (“Technical Information”).
Generally we will collect personal data directly, but we may obtain data from third parties from time to time. The Service permits Users to post, share and publish their own comments and other media which, although very unlikely, may contain your personal data and we are unable to prevent this. If we do obtain your personal data from a third party your privacy rights under this notice are not affected and you are still able to exercise the rights contained within this notice. If your personal data has been posted by a third party in this way and you have any questions or concerns regarding this then please contact us immediately – if there has been a breach of our content guidelines then we will take action in respect of such content.
You do not have to supply any personal information to us but our Service may not be operable in practice without providing data to us. You may withdraw our authority to process your personal data (or request that we restrict our processing – see clause 9) at any time (but our Service may not be operable in practice should you do so).
Unless specified otherwise we will be the controller of any personal data held or processed in the operation of the Service. If we are deemed to be a processor of any such data we will endeavour to enter into suitable additional contractual provisions with the controller of such data regarding its use and processing.
A cookie is a piece of data stored locally on your computer and contains information about your activities on the Internet.
The cookies we use are split between the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - which are an essential part of our service and affect the way you can use our site (e.g security & authentication);
- Performance / Analytics Cookies - which are used for analytics (e.g understanding usage on our website); and
- Functionality Cookies - which collect information about your device to help you customize our service (e.g remembering your timezone settings or accessing inline help)
- Targeting / Advertising Cookies - these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
On your first visit to our site from your browser we will display a banner to notify you that we are using cookies. We will only load the Strictly Necessary Cookies and Functionality Cookies until you have clicked the “Accept” button on our cookies banner. If you click the “Accept” button our Performance / Analytics Cookies and Targeting / Advertising Cookies will be loaded.
Below is a list of the cookies currently set by us:
Cookie category and name
[cookie category e.g. Strictly necessary cookie]
[a description of the purpose for which the cookie is used and its duration]
As well as cookies that are set by domains we control (first-party cookies), you may also see cookies set by a third party (third-party cookies). These are set when you interact with certain parts of our service and are used by these third-party services to understand your preferences and sometimes tailor content they show you. These third party cookies are likely to be analytical cookies or performance cookies or targeting cookies:
To deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies, please choose your preferences by clicking here.
Once you close your browser, our access to the cookie terminates. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. To change your browse settings you should go to your advanced preferences, using the help feature if required. If you disable cookies on your browser, certain features or parts of our service may not function correctly or will have a degraded experience.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. We may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our Site, and to administer and improve the Site by logging and analysing your use of the Service.
How we process your personal data
- Provider Information – we use this to register Providers with our Service and allow them to update details with us, make use of our Service (including our job listings service) and communicate with us.
- Account Information – we may use this information in order to create your registration or subscription with us and/or to verify your identity for account security purposes. We also use this data to give Users information about our Service, their use of the Service and/or to connect Users with suitable Providers.
- Profile Information – we use this to populate your profile with information about you, certain personal data must be provided but you have the choice whether to share other information. Depending on your privacy choices other Users and Providers may be able to view your Profile Information.
- Posted and Shared Information – the Service allows Posted and Shared Information to be displayed to you and other Users of the Service (depending on your privacy choices) after you have decided to upload, publish and share it. Other Users may decide to upload, post or share personal data about you on the Service.
- Applicant Information – we share this information with organisations who have posted job listings on our job listings service in order to connect the organisation with Applicants who complete an enquiry in response to a particular listing, and then we store this information for our records.
- Payment Information – we may use this information to take payment for your level of registration or subscription (if applicable) or other services we may offer via the Service.
- Communication Information – we use this when we communicate with you or you communicate with us, and to evaluate and make improvements to the Service.
- Technical Information – we use this to administer or protect our business, undertake troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data, when we use data analytics to improve the Site, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.