September 12, 2020 - FX Trading aggregator and bridge provider PrimeXM has reported FX volume figures for July 2020.
Year To Date Volume
• PrimeXM recorded a total of $868.08 billion in monthly trading volume in August 2020 across its 3 Data Centre locations. Compared to the previous month’s trading there was an overall Month on Month decease of 7.6%. (NB: August counted only 21 trading days.)
August 2020 Daily Volume
• The Average Daily Volume (ADV) in August was $41.33 billion, an increase of 1.2% increase MoM compared toULY 2020. The highest daily trading volume of the month was recorded on 11 August with $57 billion in turnover.
• The total number of trades in August was 24.25 million.
August 2020 Overall Statistics
• 76% of the overall traded volume was registered in the LD4 (London) Data Centre, close to $660 billion in notional value. The other 2 major Data Centers in TY3 and NY4 recorded a monthly trading volume of $105.29 billion and $102.88 billion, respectively.
August 2020 Data Centre Statistics
• XAUUSD (Gold) was the instrument with the highest total trading volume over PrimeXM in August, with volume at $288.7 billion. This represents 33.26% of all volume in August, and an increase in volume of 32.7% in XAUUSD trades compared to the previous month. In July 2020, XAUUSD was also the most active instrument over the network, with volume of $217.5 billion, 23.13% of all volume over PrimeXM for July. XAUUSD activity in July was in itself an increase of 42% compared to June 2020. After XAUUSD, EURUSD and GBPUSD were 2nd and 3rd most popular instruments with $151 billion and $97.6 billion traded respectively.
Top 15 Traded Instruments
See PrimeXM's Monthly ADV history and its relative performance against other venues by clicking here:
Banco del Estado de Chile Goes Live on Edgewater Markets' EdgeFXLatAm
PayPal Launches New Service Enabling Users to Buy, Hold and Sell Cryptocurrency
Cboe Global Markets Agrees to Acquire BIDS Trading, the Largest Independent Block Trading ATS in the U.S.
PRIMEXM RELEASE TRADING VOLUME FIGURES FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Brad’s eye view: US election “October surprise”?
Brad Alexander - FX LargePublished: 2020-10-14