3 July, 2020 - FX Trading aggregator and bridge provider PrimeXM has reported FX volume figures for June 2020, with a decrease in the numbers reported in May.
• PrimeXM has registered a total of $869.77 billion in monthly trading volume in June across the 3 Data Centre locations, a slight fall of 1.68% compared to last month’s trading figures.
• The Average Daily Volume (ADV) in June was $39.54 billion, representing a 6.15% decrease compared with the ADV of $42.12 billion in May.
• The total number of trades in June was 28.31 million, on a similar level to May of 28.11 million as trading activity stabilised after the March peak.
• PrimeXM's Data Centre in LD4 recorded 71% of overall monthly traded volume, more than $615 billion in notional value. The other 2 major Data Centres in TY3 and NY4 showed similar ADV in June with $128.04 billion and $126.29 billion respectively.
• The instrument with the highest turnover on PrimeXM XCore was XAUUSD with $153.17 billion as the precious metal price reached new highs in June. EURUSD saw an uptick in transactions with $147.17 billion, a MoM increase of 17% as demand in the FX market remained strong.
PrimeXM YTD Volume June 2020
PrimeXM Monthly Statistics, June 2020
PrimeXM Data Centre Statistics, June 2020
PrimeXM Top Traded Instruments, June 2020
XAUUSD (Gold) was the most traded instrument over PrimeXM's network in June, making up 17.44% of total volume. This is similar to PrimeXM's March numbers, a month of high volatility. In May, 2020 XAUUSD was the second most heavily traded instrument on PrimeXM, accounting for 14.97% of overall volume.
Over 50% of PrimeXM's volume is concentrated in 4 instruments:
XAUUSD - 17.44%
EURUSD - 16.76%
US30 (Dow Jones CFDs) - 11.46%
GBPUSD - 11.33%
See PrimeXM's Monthly ADV history and its relative performance against other venues by clicking here
Cboe Global Markets Agrees to Acquire BIDS Trading, the Largest Independent Block Trading ATS in the U.S.
PRIMEXM RELEASE TRADING VOLUME FIGURES FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Brad’s eye view: US election “October surprise”?
Brad Alexander - FX LargePublished: 2020-10-14
Equiti Capital appoints Stephane Treny and Edouard Gabrillagues to its London FX Desk
KGI Securities (Singapore) rolls out new eFX pricing in SG1 with Flextrade's MaxxTrader Solution