June 10, 2020 - FX Trading aggregator and bridge provider PrimeXM reported FX volume figures for May 2020 with a slight increase on the numbers reported in April.
PrimeXM Daily Volume May 2020
• PrimeXM recorded a total of $884.61 billion in monthly trading volume in May across the 3 major data center locations, which indicates the trading activities have stabilized after market volatility lessened after March.
• The Average Daily Volume (ADV) in May was $42.12 billion compared to ADV of $41.20 billion in April, this represents a slight 1.74% MoM increase.
• The total number of trades in May saw a 10.14% decline from April’s 31.28 million to 28.11 million, taking into consideration the major bank holidays in the UK and US on the last Monday of May.
• 75% of all trading volume was registered in our Data Center located in London LD4, NY4 remains in the second place with $7.7 billion in ADV showing continuous growth from beginning of 2020.
• The most-traded instrument in May was US index #US30 with $146.56 billion and demand in XAUUSD has returned as Gold price has climbed to all time high since late 2012.
PrimeXM YTD Volume 2020
PrimeXM Monthly Statistics
PrimeXM Data Centre Statistics
PrimeXM Top Traded Instruments
Trading in US30 (the Dow Jones Industrial Average CFD), was the most traded instrument via PrimeXM in May 2020, making up 16.56% of all volume. In April 2020, EURUSD was the most heavily traded instrument making up 17.92% of volume.
XAUUSD (Gold) was again heavily traded in May, the second most heavily traded instrument on PrimeXM, making up 14.98% of total volume.
Swissquote Reports Record Results for 2020
OKEx adds real-time settlement for ALGOUSD, ATOMUSD and 20+ coin-margined perpetual swaps
JFD Group Introduces Commission-free ETF Trading on MetaTrader 5 for Investors in Europe
CrossTower Launches Capital Markets Desk
Sucden Financial adopts the Nasdaq Risk Platform for its new multi-asset risk management system